The Hardyeans Club
To stay in touch with your friends
As amended by the Council in 2015
1. The title of the Club shall be "The Hardyeans' Club" (hereinafter called "The Club")
2. The Objects of the Club shall be:
a. To keep in touch with former Students of the Thomas Hardye School and of the schools from which it was founded.
b. To promote mutual relations between former Students and between them and the School.
c. To further the interests of the School.
3. Membership of the Club shall be open to all former Students of the School, and schools from which it was founded ( Hardye’s Grammar School, The Green School, Castlefield School, Dorchester Secondary Modern School), members of the School Staff, Governors and Trustees, subject to the approval of the Council of the Club.
4. Associate Members. All School leavers shall be eligible to become Associate members of the Club for the first year after leaving School. The Subscription for this associate year will be paid by the School. At the end of this first year, Associate Members may become Full Members of the Club.
5. Full Membership. On joining the Club as a new Member, or at the end of their first year as an Associate Member, Members shall be required to complete a Bankers Standing Order for payment of an annual subscription to the Club. The amount of the annual subscription shall be decided from time to time by the Council (£5 per annum in 2015).
MANAGEMENT BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CLUB
6. General. The management of the Club shall be vested in the Council which shall meet at least three times a year and which shall have control over all matters not otherwise provided for in these Rules. With the support of the Head Teacher the Council shall arrange for all School leavers to be briefed on the Club's objectives, social events, newsletters etc. at a mutually convenient time during their last term at the School.
7. Ex Officio Members of the Council. The following shall be ex-officio members of the council.
a. The President of the Club
b. The Clerk to the Governors
c. One School Governor or one Trustee selected by the Council
d. The Head(s) of the Sixth Form
e. The President(s) of the Sixth Form Union
f. All past Presidents
8. Membership of the Council. In addition to the Ex-Officio Members at Paragraph 7, the Council shall consist of not more than ten other elected members which shall include
a. The Hon. Chairman
b. The Hon. Secretary
c. The Hon. Treasurer
d. The Hon. Membership Secretary
e. The Sports Officer
9. Appointment of Officers. The Council will issue a list of nominees for the posts of President, Officers and Members of the Council of the Club and those continuing in their posts, in the January Newsletter, with a request to agree or otherwise before the Annual Dinner, which shall also be considered the Annual Meeting. If a vote is needed this can be arranged for then.
10. Quorum. At all Council meetings, five Members, of which three shall be elected members, shall form a quorum.
11. The Club shall elect a President as provided in rule 9 but this office shall not be held for more than three consecutive years. His duties shall commence on the Monday following the Annual Meeting at which he was elected. If the Club President shall die or be obliged to relinquish his office the immediate Past-President shall take over the presidency until the next Annual Meeting. Failing this such other person as the Council may decide will take on the role.
THE VICE PRESIDENT
12. The Club may elect Life Vice-Presidents, to
be appointed at the Annual Meeting, who have rendered distinguished service to
the Club or the School. All past Presidents will automatically be elected
as Life Vice Presidents.
All past Presidents will automatically be elected as Life Vice Presidents.
13. There will be an Annual Meeting of the membership at which material decisions taken by council will be presented. This will normally be combined with the Annual Dinner.
14. The Honorary Secretary shall convene an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club at any time upon receiving a requisition to that effect signed by not less than 20 Members of the Club or at the request of the Council.
15. Notice of all General meetings shall be sent to the Members at least fourteen days before the date of such meeting by post or e-mail.
16. The accounts of the Club shall be approved
by Council and made available for inspection by the membership.
17. General. The objects of the Club shall be fostered by the production of newsletters and arrangements for social functions.
18. Newsletters. Newsletters shall be sent to all Members at regular intervals. They shall include contributions from the School as well as from the Council and from a full age spectrum of Members.
19. Social functions. All social functions shall be open to members, and their guests including spouses and friends of both sexes. Events should appeal to Members of all age groups .
ALTERATIONS TO RULES
20. The rules may be altered or amended by a Council Meeting as and when necessary. Any such changes will be notified on the Web Site.
21. The Colours of the Club shall be Blue, Black, Gold and Red.
22. Any Member wishing to bring a matter to the attention of the Council may do so in writing or by e-mail to the Honorary Secretary at any time.